Explore Cellar Door
Weekdays: 9am - 5pm
Weekends & Public Holidays: 10am - 5pm (closed Christmas Day) Note last entry for tastings is 4:30pm,
COVID VISIT DETAILS
Update: Wednesday September 8, 2021
Most of Regional Victoria will be out of lockdown from 11:59 PM Thursday 9th September.
Unfortunately Metro Melbourne and Greater Shepparton LGA remain in lockdown #6.
Tahbilk’s Cellar Door Tasting & Sales Room will be open from Friday September 10 and the Wetlands View Restaurant from Saturday September 11.
Strict capacity rules have been imposed and both venues can have only 10 people inside. The Cellar Door has an outside balcony that can accommodate another eight (8) people and the Wetlands View Restaurant’s outside deck can accommodate 20 people. Both the balcony and the restaurant’s deck are exposed to the prevailing weather.
Due to the limited capacity bookings are extremely recommended.
The Wetlands View Restaurant will be operating two lunch sittings. The first at noon, and second at 2 pm. Bookings for the Noon sitting are required to vacate the restaurant by 1:30pm.
- Photo ID proof of residential address needs to be shown to gain admittance. Apologies to Metro Melbourne & Greater Shepparton residents, but we cannot admit you presently.
- Face Masks are to be worn at all times except with seated for your lunch or tasting.
- Contact details, First Name & Surname and phone number (mobile preferred) are to be collected.
- We will look after the capacity, density & distancing rules, but please be patient as the venues will look empty, but will be at COVID capacity.
Walking into the cellar door is like walking back in time. The cellar walls are constucted of hand-made bricks and mud-stone quarried on the Estate. The supporting beams and pillars were cut from redgum and iron bark growing on the property. If you look up the original shingles can still be seen. Take the opportunity to taste Tahbilk wines as you engross yourself in the history of the place. A unique experience which is not to be missed.
Pets at Tahbilk
The Cellar Door at Tahbilk, like all other cellar doors at wineries, is required to be registered as a food business. Because of this pets are not allow inside the building. Assistance dogs are allowed in with the person they are assisting.
Dogs Policy for Visitors to Tahbilk
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times in public areas
- Only assistance dogs are allowed in the Cellar Door operations area.
- All other dogs must be tethered and stay outside at all times, unless the visitor stays outside with the dog on a leash.
There are high hitching rails at the front of the 1860’s Cellar and also next to the original horse trough where dogs can be left in view of their owners. Signs indicate where dogs can be tethered.
- All dog owners must comply with the Code for Responsible Dog Ownership.
Tahbilk Wine Tasting
The Cellar Door tasting is a MUST if visiting the winery. Held in the original winery you will be well looked after by our lovely staff as you try a range of different Tahbilk wines on offer. An amazing experience which takes you back in time, unchanged since 1860.
Tahbilk Underground Cellars
Are choosing your favourite Tahbilk Wine at cellar door you can follow the stairs down into the original underground cellars built in 1862. Take a moment to breath in the sights and smells of the red wine cellar before moving to what we call the new cellar which was built by James Escott Purbrick (third cousin to Reginald Purbrick) in 1875 in only 6 weeks.
Self Guided Cellar Yard Walk
Before you enter cellar door make sure you take with you a Tahbilk Estate Guide brochure, in here you will find all you need to take yourself on your own tour around the Cellar Yard and Underground Cellars. You will learn about the history of the place as you walk along the gravel paths near the stables and reflect on the challenges faced by seasonal workers back in the day. A lovely way to view the property for all ages.
If you are interested in a private tour make sure you view our 'wine experiences'.