Book the restaurant
In response to a growing demand for the food and wine experience, the Tahbilk Wetlands View Restaurant (formerly Tahbilk Cafe) was opened in 2005, built on the backwaters of the Tahbilk billabongs. The Restaurant provides visitors with an authentic experience, relaxed and in keeping with the Purbrick family’s food and wine ethos and presents a more modern touch to Tahbilk’s otherwise historic aspects.
Check out the: Seasonal Menu
Read customer reviews: TRIP ADVISOR - FACEBOOK
Victorian Finalists 2016 Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Awards
"Congratulations on your restaurant being reviewed and recommended in The Age Good Food Guide 2015. It is a great achievement to appear as it indicates that your dining establishment is among the best" The Age Good Food Guide 2015
Last updated on 17th June, 2021 - the Wetlands View Restaurant is open for lunches Thursday - Monday.
- Melbourne residents we can welcome you again
- Contact details are to be recorded in Vic QR app.
- Face Mask to be worn except when seated at table to eat.
- We are open Thursday – Monday (closed on Christmas day)
- Sittings at 11:45 am/noon and then at 1:45/2.00 pm
- Bookings for 11:45 am/noon are to vacate table by 1:30pm
DATES CLOSED FOR FUNCTIONS
There are no private functions currently booked that require the restaurant to close.
NICE TO KNOW
- Special occasion Cakes are available on request from the Restaurant - please contact us for available variety.
(No BYO drinks, $2.50 per person surcharge for BYO cakes)
- We do have highchairs available however please let us know that you need one before you get here.
- Please let us know if you're bringing a pram.
- We apologise but in most cases we do not take party buses, hens or bucks groups however we do encourage you to call us to ask.
- Please let us know if you have special dietary requirements so that we can have a yummy meal ready for you on your arrival.
- Menus are offered on a seasonal basis and so are subject to both item and price change.
- Our dress code is casual; clothing must be neat, clean and in good repair. Footware is required - for further detail please call Tahbilk.
- Dogs Policy for Visitors
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times
- Only assistance dogs are allowed onto the restaurant deck and in the indoor eating area
- All other companion dogs can be tethered in a dedicated area on the northern side of the deck within view of their owners while they are eating at the restaurant
- All dog owners must comply with the Code for Responsible Dog Ownership.