Book the restaurant
PLEASE SEE REVISED OPERATIONS BELOW DUE TO COVID-19. WE ARE OPEN (LAST UPDATED 18/09/20)
In response to a growing demand for the food and wine experience, the Tahbilk Wetlands View Restaurant (formerly Tahbilk Cafe) was opened in 2005, built on the backwaters of the Tahbilk billabongs. The Restaurant provides visitors with an authentic experience, relaxed and in keeping with the Purbrick family’s food and wine ethos and presents a more modern touch to Tahbilk’s otherwise historic aspects.
Read customer reviews: TRIP ADVISOR - FACEBOOK
Victorian Finalists 2016 Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Awards
"Congratulations on your restaurant being reviewed and recommended in The Age Good Food Guide 2015. It is a great achievement to appear as it indicates that your dining establishment is among the best" The Age Good Food Guide 2015
Update on 18 September, 2020 - Tahbilk Estate is Open.
We are pleased to announce that the Wetlands View Restaurant is open and Cellar Door can once again offer tastings. There are significant regulations that we must all abide by, but it is so nice to be able to welcome wine club members and visitors again. Both venues are very limited on the number of people we can accommodate and any one time. For this reason bookings are essential.
- We are open Thursday – Monday
- Sittings at 11:45 am/noon and then at 1:45/2.00 pm
- Bookings for 11:45 am/noon are to vacate table by 1:30pm
- Contact details are required to be recorded and proof of residential address to be sighted.
- Mask wearing is required at all times except when sitting at allocated table.
DATES CLOSED FOR FUNCTIONS
There are presently no functions booked that would require the Restaurant to be closed.
NICE TO KNOW
- Special occasion Cakes are available on request from the Restaurant - please contact us for available variety.
(No BYO drinks, $2.50 per person surcharge for BYO cakes)
- We do have highchairs available however please let us know that you need one before you get here.
- Please let us know if you're bringing a pram.
- We apologise but in most cases we do not take party buses, hens or bucks groups however we do encourage you to call us to ask.
- Please let us know if you have special dietary requirements so that we can have a yummy meal ready for you on your arrival.
- Menus are offered on a seasonal basis and so are subject to both item and price change.
- Our dress code is casual; clothing must be neat, clean and in good repair. Footware is required - for further detail please call Tahbilk.