Book the restaurant
In response to a growing demand for the food and wine experience, the Tahbilk Wetlands View Restaurant (formerly Tahbilk Cafe) was opened in 2005, built on the backwaters of the Tahbilk billabongs. The Restaurant provides visitors with an authentic experience, relaxed and in keeping with the Purbrick family’s food and wine ethos and presents a more modern touch to Tahbilk’s otherwise historic aspects.
Check out the: Seasonal Menu
Read customer reviews: TRIP ADVISOR - FACEBOOK
Victorian Finalists 2016 Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Awards
"Congratulations on your restaurant being reviewed and recommended in The Age Good Food Guide 2015. It is a great achievement to appear as it indicates that your dining establishment is among the best" The Age Good Food Guide 2015
Last updated on 17th February, 2021 - reopening from Thursday 18th February.
- We are open Thursday – Monday (closed on Christmas day)
- Sittings at 11:45 am/noon and then at 1:45/2.00 pm
- Bookings for 11:45 am/noon are to vacate table by 1:30pm
- Contact details are required to be recorded.
- Face masks are required to be worn when indoors, except when dining. When entering/leaving the restaurant, visiting the toilet etc it is masks on. When seated at dining table it is masks off
DATES CLOSED FOR FUNCTIONS
There are no private functions currently booked that require the restaurant to close.
NICE TO KNOW
- Special occasion Cakes are available on request from the Restaurant - please contact us for available variety.
(No BYO drinks, $2.50 per person surcharge for BYO cakes)
- We do have highchairs available however please let us know that you need one before you get here.
- Please let us know if you're bringing a pram.
- We apologise but in most cases we do not take party buses, hens or bucks groups however we do encourage you to call us to ask.
- Please let us know if you have special dietary requirements so that we can have a yummy meal ready for you on your arrival.
- Menus are offered on a seasonal basis and so are subject to both item and price change.
- Our dress code is casual; clothing must be neat, clean and in good repair. Footware is required - for further detail please call Tahbilk.
The Wine Companion Winery of the year awards recognise the very best of Australian wine produced at vineyards across the country. The Winery of the Year is one of six major awards. The award is delivered by James Halliday AM, founder and author of the Halliday Wine Companion.
"I feel incredibly proud of all that the Purbrick family has achieved at Tahbilk over the generations and this award recognises our unswerving commitment to traditional winemaking whilst using innovative and sustainable viticultural practices. This is definitely one for the team at Tahbilk and I thank everyone who has made a contribution over our 155 years of existence."
Alister Purbrick - 4th Generation
Come and see what all of the fuss is about.