Book the restaurant
In response to a growing demand for the food and wine experience, the Tahbilk Wetlands View Restaurant (formerly Tahbilk Cafe) was opened in 2005, built on the backwaters of the Tahbilk billabongs. The Restaurant provides visitors with an authentic experience, relaxed and in keeping with the Purbrick family’s food and wine ethos and presents a more modern touch to Tahbilk’s otherwise historic aspects.
Check out the: Seasonal Menu
Read customer reviews: TRIP ADVISOR - FACEBOOK
Victorian Finalists 2016 Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Awards
"Congratulations on your restaurant being reviewed and recommended in The Age Good Food Guide 2015. It is a great achievement to appear as it indicates that your dining establishment is among the best" The Age Good Food Guide 2015
COVID VISIT DETAILS
Update: Wednesday September 8, 2021
Most of Regional Victoria will be out of lockdown from 11:59 PM Thursday 9th September.
Unfortunately Metro Melbourne and Greater Shepparton LGA remain in lockdown #6.
Tahbilk’s Cellar Door Tasting & Sales Room will be open from Friday September 10 and the Wetlands View Restaurant from Saturday September 11.
Strict capacity rules have been imposed and both venues can have only 10 people inside. The Cellar Door has an outside balcony that can accommodate another eight (8) people and the Wetlands View Restaurant’s outside deck can accommodate 20 people. Both the balcony and the restaurant’s deck are exposed to the prevailing weather.
Due to the limited capacity bookings are extremely recommended.
The Wetlands View Restaurant will be operating two lunch sittings. The first at noon, and second at 2 pm. Bookings for the Noon sitting are required to vacate the restaurant by 1:30pm.
- Photo ID proof of residential address needs to be shown to gain admittance. Apologies to Metro Melbourne & Greater Shepparton residents, but we cannot admit you presently.
- Face Masks are to be worn at all times except with seated for your lunch or tasting.
- Contact details, First Name & Surname and phone number (mobile preferred) are to be collected.
- We will look after the capacity, density & distancing rules, but please be patient as the venues will look empty, but will be at COVID capacity.
DATES CLOSED FOR FUNCTIONS
There are no private functions currently booked that require the restaurant to close.
NICE TO KNOW
- Special occasion Cakes are available on request from the Restaurant - please contact us for available variety.
(No BYO drinks, $2.50 per person surcharge for BYO cakes)
- We do have highchairs available however please let us know that you need one before you get here.
- Please let us know if you're bringing a pram.
- We apologise but in most cases we do not take party buses, hens or bucks groups however we do encourage you to call us to ask.
- Please let us know if you have special dietary requirements so that we can have a yummy meal ready for you on your arrival.
- Menus are offered on a seasonal basis and so are subject to both item and price change.
- Our dress code is casual; clothing must be neat, clean and in good repair. Footware is required - for further detail please call Tahbilk.
- Dogs Policy for Visitors
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times
- Only assistance dogs are allowed onto the restaurant deck and in the indoor eating area
- All other companion dogs can be tethered in a dedicated area on the northern side of the deck within view of their owners while they are eating at the restaurant
- All dog owners must comply with the Code for Responsible Dog Ownership.